Lightning Motorcycle’s LS-218 Electric Superbike jumps from 100-150 miles per hour in two seconds. This bike currently holds the world record for fastest electric motorcycle clocking 218 mph, hence the name.
The liquid-cooled IPM motor turns out 168 ft-lbs of torque in the LS-218. This fully street legal bike is designed to never overheat. This electric bike includes a carbon fiber body, Brembo breaks, and Ohlins suspension. There is so much torque that you can’t even apply full throttle until it clocks 100 mph. Lightning offers two models of the fast electric motorcycle, a 20 kWh and a 12 kWh. The LS-218 is built for speed and performance for some of the most extreme
RELATED: The first Harley Davidson LiveWire electric motorcycle
Lightening notes about their LS-218 Electric Superbike that: “We’ve thoroughly validated our motor technology by winning the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Overall – beating the 2nd place finisher (Ducati) by over 20 seconds – as well as numerous other racing wins.”
Lightning’s LS-218 Electric Superbike Specs:
- RaceTech fork (upgrade option: Öhlins FGRT inverted fork
- NIX30 cartridge internals, TiN surface treatment,
- billet aluminum radial caliper mountings
- Fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Dual Brembo 320mm disc; Brembo radial-mount
- Forged 4-piston calipers
- 2 Brembo T-Drive 320mm Fully-Floating Rotors
- 2 Brembo Brembo GP4-RX CNC Radial Calipers
- 32 inches
- 495 lbs
WHEELS AND TIRES
- Lightning forged aluminum 3.5″ x 17″, 120/70ZR17
- Lightning forged aluminum 6.0″ x 17″, 190/55ZR17
- None; Direct drive motor
- 30 mins on a DC fast charger
- 120 minutes on level 2 charger
BATTERY PACK OPTIONS
- 380V 12 kwh battery pack (Range of 100-120 miles per charge)
- 380V 15 kwh battery pack (Range of 120-150 miles per charge)
- 380V 20 kwh battery pack (Range of 160-180 miles per charge)
- Billet aluminum swing arm with linear Öhlins TTX36 Shock and linkage system
- Adjustment for preload, ride height, high and low speed compression and rebound
- IPM liquid cooled 150kw+ 10,500 rpm electric motor (200 hp and 168 ft·lbs of torque)
Lightning confirmed a second bike heading into production: Strike which is aimed at those who may have never owned an electric motorcycle before. The Strike has an MSRP of just $13,000 as opposed to the $47,000 of the LS-218. They are currently taking reservations for Strike.
This motorcycle is so unique and so cool that it made it on the Emmy-winning series Jay Leno’s garage where Jay takes the bike out himself for a spin.
LS-218 Electric Superbike
If you’re into fast bikes and feel the need to go green or just want something different between you legs, something super fast, look no further than the LS-218 Electric Superbike.